Bonnefield Financial Inc. (Bonnefield) is Canada’s foremost provider of land-lease financing for farmers, dedicated to preserving “farmland for farming”. Since 2009 we have deployed more than $650 million from Canadian high net worth and institutional investors to help approximately 100 farm families grow, reduce debt and plan succession and transition. Today we have approximately 100,000 acres under management across Canada.
Bonnefield is looking to add a bright, resourceful, and organized Controller to the Bonnefield finance team. This position requires great attention to detail, superb communication skills, the ability to think analytically and prioritize effectively. The successful candidate will be part of a finance department that focuses on quality and success.
If you are seeking a great opportunity to work in a multi-entity finance environment that fosters career growth, learn from a talented finance and management team, and positively impact the future of Bonnefield, then we want to hear from you.
So that you know what to expect on any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these activities:
- preparation of fund reporting packages, financial statements and related working papers
- preparation of the quarterly reporting packages to the Board of Directors, including internal financial statements and actual VS budget variance analyses
- oversee the annual financial statement audit process
- oversee fund administration and accounting processes, including NAV pricing, investor subscriptions/redemptions
- participation in the bookkeeping, AP, AR, and property accounting cycles
- lead the preparation of internal and fund-level budgets and cash flow forecasts
- take a leadership role in business process and systems improvement projects
- oversee tax compliance activities, including year-end income tax returns and investor tax slips
- manage corporate governance, compliance and risk management initiatives
- other duties as needed, such as tax planning, property appraisal reviews, etc.
The qualifications we would like you to bring to the position include:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience, including 1-3 years post-firm “industry” experience
- real estate industry and/or fund accounting experience preferred
- experience and interest in IT project and systems implementations is an asset
- advanced skills with Microsoft Office software
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Bonnefield welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please forward your resume along with a covering letter explaining why you should be our Controller to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.