Bonnefield is looking to add a bright, resourceful, and organized Staff Accountant to the Bonnefield finance team. This position requires great attention to detail, superb communication skills, the ability to be adaptable and learn quickly. The successful candidate will be part of a finance department that focuses on quality and success and will be supported if they wish to pursue their CPA designation with mentorship from a group of experienced CPA’s.
If you are seeking a great opportunity to work in a multi-entity finance environment that fosters career growth, learn from a talented finance and management team, and positively impact the future of Bonnefield, then we want to hear from you.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- full cycle processing of Accounts Payable (“AP”), including:
- receiving, analyzing and coding invoices, as well as seeking appropriate approvals from budget managers
- inputting of invoices into the system, printing related cheques for signature, seeking appropriate approvals from budget managers and mailing out signed cheques
- preparing working papers for a high volume of property tax bills and assessments
- preparing employee expense report packages for review by Senior Staff Accountant, which includes compiling spreadsheet and hard copy packages and ensuring accuracy of inputs and coding
- key contributor towards the accounts receivable (“AR”) cycle, including:
- recording bank deposits into the accounting system
- monitoring collection of receivables by preparing AR reports
- scanning and filing of AP and AR packages
- completing bank reconciliations for multiple companies
- preparing HST reconciliations and hard copy packages to support HST remittances for multiple companies
- supporting the Assistant Controller with any other duties that may be assigned
The qualifications we would like you to bring to the position include:
- college diploma or university degree with specialization in accounting or business, is a must
- intermediate skills with Microsoft Office software is essential
- previous experience in an AP or AR role is considered an asset
- property accounting experience and familiarity with Yardi are considered an asset
- candidates interested in pursuing the CPA designation preferred
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter explaining why you should be our Staff Accountant.
Bonnefield welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bonnefield is a great place to work and offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Find out more at www.Bonnefield.com.