Toronto, Canada, October 10, 2012 – On Thursday, October 4, 2012 more than 100 investors, advisors, ag professionals and policy makers met at the Gardiner Museum in Toronto to exchange information and ideas about Canadian farmland investment. In its third year, the Canadian Farmland & Agri-business Investment Seminar has become the leading forum of its kind in Canada.
The sold-out event featured presentations from leading agricultural economists from the Canada and the US, a Canadian agricultural policy expert, a release of new research from Bonnefield and a keynote address from US-based Kirchner Food Security Group.
Of special note was a feature panel discussion that included four leading farm operators from Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
• Al Mussell, Senior Research Associate, George Morris Centre
• Professor David Sparling, Chair, Agri-Food Innovation Group, Richard Ivey School of Business
• Joe Horner, Agriculture Economist, University of Missouri
• Tom Eisenhauer, President, Bonnefield
• Steve Dauphin, Food Security Group, Kirchner Private Capital Group
• Barry Schmitt, Alberta Farm Owner
• Larry Spratt, Saskatchewan Farm Owner
• Gerald Wiebe, Manitoba Farm Owner
• Brett Schuyler, Ontario Farm Owner
• Wally Johnston, VP Business Development, Bonnefield
Leading sponsors of the event included Bonnefield, BMO Capital Markets and Heenan Blaikie.